Re: oil pastels

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 31 2002 - 19:25:45 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
From: "Carolyn Keigley" <Carolyn@4snowart.com>
A few of my students would like to know if there is a way to keep oil
pastels from rubbing off there art work when they are finished. They used
oil pastels to decorate their portfolios!
Thanks for any suggestions out there.
Carolyn
The absolute BEST thing to use as a fixative for oil pastels, craypas or
gen. pastels is matte clear spray paint. I have even used it on pencil work.
Forget EVERYTHING else. You will have N-O pastel coming off on your hands.
Someone gave this tip on artsednet a couple of years ago and it's the best
art teaching tip I know! (other than to get on THIS listserv!)
Toodles....Bunki

---