Re: Minneapolis...to go or not to go???

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 31 2002 - 06:38:38 PDT

on 9/1/02 1:32 AM, Maggie White at mwhiteaz@cybertrails.com wrote:

> I've gone halvsies (halfsies?) with the district or paid my own way the
> last five years. It's always worth it! And it's so great to put a face
> with the names on this list. If you itemize your taxes--and a good
> preparer could advise you how--you can write off your expenses.

you're right of course, maggie. i do itemize. but i'm irked because i have
to use those personal days. the LEAST the district should do is support
prof. development for art teachers since they do it for "real" teachers. i
really do want to go to minneapolis - never been there before. and boston
too. perhaps what i need to do is go and then do a dynamite presentation for
the school board or the administration (which used to support the arts but
is changing for the worse.) - make them see the light.

linda

---