ARTS: This Week At TAPPED IN September 1, 2002

---------

From: BJ Berquist (berquist_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 31 2002 - 12:53:15 PDT

After School Online (ASO) is a forum for educators. The scheduled
events, designed for professional development, are open to everyone in
the TAPPED IN community and all guests. Login at
http://www.tappedin.org. If you are new to TAPPED IN, please login 10
minutes before the ASO event is scheduled to begin. This will allow the
helpdesk volunteers to get you where you need to be.

Get a monthly view and description of the events online at our Time-Zone
Friendly Calendar:
http://www.tappedin.org/cgi-bin/calendar/calendar.cgi

Thursday, September 5
* ArtsConnected Workshop
4:00-5:30pm PDT/7:00-8:30pm EDT
This workshop utilizes both easy to understand computer technology and
the free resources of the Minneapolis Institute of Art and the Walker
Art Center, to provide teachers with additional educational tools for
student skill development and improvement. The material being presented
has application for both interdisciplinary learning and easily
implemented standard assessment strategies. See
http://www.artsconnected.org/ for more information.

Using the many features in ArtsConnected that encompass artwork and
global cultural information is the multicultural focus on September 5.
Using a proactive approach to multi-culturalism, Kevan Nitzberg gives
teachers some tools that they can use in their classes to help counter
what might easily become a reaction of hate to people from other
cultures as the 9/11 anniversary approaches.

* ArtsSites - Blanket the World with Peace Project
6:00-7:00pm PDT/9:00-10:00pm EDT
Join arts educators from around the world as we take a look at some
ideas for creating your school quilt square for the Blanket the World
With Peace Project. Learn how your school or organization can contribute
to an interdisciplinary multimedia electronic quilt on the subject of
peace through conflict resolution. Join ArtsSites on September 5.

Respectfully submitted,
BJ Berquist
Associate Educator, TAPPED IN
mailto:bjb@tappedin.org