Minneapolis...to go or not to go???

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 30 2002 - 18:24:12 PDT

on 8/31/02 9:07 AM, LMiller435@aol.com at LMiller435@aol.com wrote:

Thanks for responding about Minneapolis. I put in for the days and have
been told that there is no money. So I guess I wait till Boston in 2005.

my district used to cover about 75% of all expenses through grant money, but
we have a whole new system in the last few years. now the best we can get is
part of the registration fee and a one-day sub if it is not a "closed sub
day." last year and this year there is something going on in the district
and they've closed the subs for those days, which means if i want to go,
i'll have to use my 2 personal days. so much for district support of
professional development.
BUT...the NAEA convention is like A/C or power windows,or this list! once
you've been there, you don't know how you got along before! it is the most
inspirational, informative, exciting art education event on the planet. so
i'm going. paying my own way. hoping i don't end up needing those 2 personal
days for anything else!

linda in michigan

---