RE: The Importance of a Sketchbook?

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kherbert_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 31 2002 - 06:04:50 PDT

I would leave out the part about if they finish early - call them
extensions instead. When you say the words finish early the parents hear
busy work. Something like - Our sketchbooks will allow you to witness
the growth of your child's visual literacy. A year's worth of ideas,
drawing exercises, notes, reflections, and extensions bound together
with is source for further ideas, and a record of growth and
achievement.
Sincerely,
Kimberly Herbert