sketchbooks

---------

From: Merrilee (gladrag_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 31 2002 - 01:02:58 PDT

I do purchase sketchbooks for each student. I need to improve how I use
them, with more consistency, but they are a godsend. They save paper. Kids
work in their sketchbooks when they have finished projects and when
theystart projects for planning. We paste papers into them about things we
are studying. Upper grade teachers borrow them to take on trips with them.
One example is that when they visit Sturbridge Village in gd. 5 kids draw
the houses there. Which brings up another question: what is your favorite
way to teach perspective in younger grades and if you do teach it do you
feel the kids understand the concepts you present? Thank you, Merrilee

---