writing curriculum....and line lesson

---------

From: Merrilee (gladrag_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 31 2002 - 00:49:57 PDT

    Our group of 3 elementary art teachers just reviewed our curriculum.
It's bad, folks, just plain bad and needs to be fixed. Are there any good
sites you have found or any good guides that can be purchased to help along
the way? If you have written curriculum recently, what has been your
starting point?
     Now, a lesson to share and ask for your comments on: first grade:
give each child a piece of yarn (maybe some good, glitzy stuff) and a paper
bag for their "pet line" to live in. We experiment making the "line"
straight", curved, wavy, zig zag. The try to draw their line in different
positions.
The yarn or string becomes an "art manipulative". We'll leave it open ended
to allow for them to come slowly to shapes, joining lines together, etc..
     AND, another format question: do any of you have a good lesson plan
format to share? I've been doing this for 27 years and I need help at THIS
point of my career far more than ever. I am behind the times badly. I
would love to come across a computer program that would allow me to do my
lessons in a template or format form....and keep daily lesson plans that
way as well. Thanks for your help and attention
Merrilee....in CT

---