The Importance of a Sketchbook?

---------

From: Breanne (Booanne79_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 30 2002 - 14:56:27 PDT

Hi all- I'm just looking for some insight... I asked my principal if I
could send a letter home to parents requesting a sketchbook for grades 3-5
for the school year (since the classroom teachers sent home supply lists
last year with report cards). He wants me to explain in the letter why I
want the kids to keep one. He says that parents won't understand the
importance of a sketchbook at the elementary level. I want them to sketch
project ideas, practice some drawing exercises, use it if they finish
early, write and reflect on their work, take notes (5th gr), etc. What do
you think? How do I say that?

---