Re: Yacker tracker ?

---------

Wizzlewolf_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 18:02:26 PDT

In a message dated 8/29/02 7:55:47 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
lina@infohiwy.net writes:

> Lin, why did it drive you crazy and the kids loved it? I'm not too familiar
> with what a Yacker Tracker is, but I'm getting an idea and I thought it
> would be something useful to have.
> Joe

Joe and all,
I have a "Yacker Tracker" in my room and I love it. I don't turn it on every
day. However as the kids come into the room, that is the first place they
look. If it isn't on, they ask for me to put it on.
Actually, the "tracker" is helping me to keep my voice down too. I have a
very loud, stage voice. I have noticed how I tend to get louder as the week
goes on or when I get tired. Also, I tend to talk "over" the kids. When I
first got the tracker, I would set it off! This helps to remind me to keep a
reasonable voice level and hopefully, it will help to save my own voice while
keeping a peaceful environment in my room.
wizzlewolf
(Sheree)

Sheree Rensel
BFA, MFA, NBCT