Suggested readings- Hamblen and Barrett

---------

From: Kerry L Murphy (klmvisarts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 07:54:15 PDT

Hi Beth! Here's a short list that I had here at home. I don't start school until Tuesday.

Hamblen, Karen. (1989). The reality construction of technocratic-rationality through DBAE, Journal of the Social Theory Caucus in Art Education, 9, 49-52.

Hamblen, K. (1994). An art criticism questioning strategy within the framework of Bloom's taxonomy. Studies in Art Education, 26 (1), 41-50. California State University: NAEA.

Hamblen, K.A., (1999). Local art knowledge: Within children's artwork & outside school culture. Visual arts research, 25(2), 14-24.

Barrett, Terry (1994). Criticizing art: understanding the contemporary. Mountain View, CA: Mayfield Publishing.

Barrett, T. (1997). Talking about student art. Worster, MA: Davis Publications.

Barrett, T. (2000). About art interpretation for art education. Studies in Art Education, 42, 5-19.

Happy reading! Let me know what you think.

---