Re: rubber cement

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 19:31:06 PDT

I used Tritex Rubber cream glue because stealing the rubber cement jars
was such a challenge for students, but I really didn't like it. You would
think you were pulling off a little blob and the whole ball of glue inside
the papers would come out! Also the smell is nauseating with 30 kids all
gluing down papers. The ammonia smell is so strong that I find it hard to
image that it's non-toxic??? Ammonia is certainly dangerous in it's own
right.

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Maggie White wrote:

> > I ordered something called Tritex (I think), from Sax, that looks to
> > behave in much the same way as rubber cement, but nontoxic.
>
> Keep the rubber cement for yourself to use, but I second the
> recommendation for TriTix. It has a funky smell but is not toxic like
> the other stuff. And yes, it is a rubber cement. It's good for all
> types of things besides sticking paper.
>
> Maggie
>

> ---

# Sidnie Miller #