I tossed it all out today! In a metal cabinet we had some really old stuff-
turpentine, mineral sprits, half gallons of rub. cement and lots of old spray
paint. I've probably already damaged my bod enough from college days with
abestos, turps, and lots of rub. cem. It felt good to get rid of it! Thanks
for the warnings!
BTW- I've been using Tri-tex for a few years, not perfect but acceptable sub
for the toxic stuff. My kids call it the "stinky glue".
Maggie White wrote:
> > I ordered something called Tritex (I think), from Sax, that looks to
> > behave in much the same way as rubber cement, but nontoxic.
> Keep the rubber cement for yourself to use, but I second the
> recommendation for TriTix. It has a funky smell but is not toxic like
> the other stuff. And yes, it is a rubber cement. It's good for all
> types of things besides sticking paper.