Re: Beginning Art class, Inquiry and Critical Thinking

---------

From: craig roland (rolandc_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 19:25:27 PDT

Following Lawrence's very thoughtful response to a question about
promoting student thinking in the art classroom, I offer for those
who are interested a paper titled "It's the Thought That Counts" I
presented at NAEA a few years ago on the same topic. It is a PDF
file split into two parts to make downloading easier (you need
Acrobat reader to access the file). In this paper you'll find a
large collection of handouts and writings I'm done for various
inservice workshops over the years related to the theme of teaching
thinking in the art classroom.

The download page is located at:

http://www.arts.ufl.edu/art/rt_room/teach/itsthethought.html

Enjoy,
Craig
CRAIG ROLAND Associate Professor of Art Education
School of Art and Art History - University of Florida
PO Box 115801, Gainesville Florida 32611-5801
Art Ed Office: 352.392.9165 Fax: 352-392-8453
homepage: http://grove.ufl.edu/~rolandc/homepage.html
visit the @rt room at: http://www.arts.ufl.edu/art/rt_room/

---