Re: school art exhibitions

---------

Iteachart7_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 18:35:59 PDT

In a message dated 8/26/2002 10:14:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
whest177@wheatstate.com writes:

> With the difficulty of having parents attend almost anything anymore I now
> have my art show the same night as the music concert. I schedule my show to
> begin 30 minutes before the show. Not ideal, but I want parents to see
> their
> student's work displayed. Another idea might be to have something for them
> to do - maybe have students teach their parents how to... or maybe have
> child and parent draw each other.
> ~Michal

This is exactly how we do it at our school. We have 2 "Fine Arts Festivals"
a year. The first one is at holiday time, mid-December and the second is in
the spring, mid-may. At our school "Fine Arts" encompasses band, chorus and
the visual arts and since everyone comes to hear thier little and big
darlings They get to see the art work too. I only wish I had a plae to
display these types of exhibits for more than just one night! Sooooo much
work for just two hours! Then it all comes down before the next day.
ANd...they always happen on a Thursday!
Peace
Gabrielle

---