Re: teaching and motherhood

---------

From: jtowle (thetowles_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 16:39:46 PDT

Ohhhh, honey. I feeeeel your pain. I was pregnant with my first while
teaching HS art. I think I took a nap everyday after school! In
retrospect I wasn't a very good teacher while pregnant...crabby,
emotional, tired. Spent a lot of time sitting. Took naps during my plan.
I finally had to take early leave because I just couldn't take it anymore.
Sorry for the horror story....

Don't feel bad about being tired...remember that your body is running a
marathon everyday. Kids are really pretty understanding about prego
teachers...even nurturing and protective. Cherish the present. Hey...maybe
you should MODEL for the kids!:)

JT

---