Re: Dear nervous about school year

---------

From: Joe Cox (bjcoxteachart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 14:31:26 PDT

 The students will really enjoy what you are teaching if you can relax and teach.

My first year an administrator gave us the advise to not smile until December. Well, I don't know if he was serious or not, but being a fresh new teacher straight from college I took his advise and my first year wasn't very enjoyable. I'm not saying that I literally didn't smile till December but I was so worried about maintaining a strict maintained classroom and being the perfect teacher that it was miserable for me and my students. I have learned to relax, have fun but still be firm and have my expectations for the students clear and the year has already been so much better then past years. Plus I smile a lot more now.
Blessings,
Joe Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

---