Re: First day of school

---------

From: Kathleen Shilson (kshilson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 21:16:18 PDT

My first day..besides reading the rules.. and telling the students about myself.. I hand out to the students a questioniare to be filled out.. whats your favorite movie, whats your favorite color, your favorite artist etc... on the back of this handout I tell them to draw a picture of yourself and to add detail.. the second day is when we get into making a portfolio and putting a design on the cover. I have been doing this for the past three years.. keeps the students busy while I circulate the room getting to know the students.
I inform students that the portfolio will be graded.
Wayne----- Original Message -----