Re: school art exhibitions

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 19:19:34 PDT

With the difficulty of having parents attend almost anything anymore I now
have my art show the same night as the music concert. I schedule my show to
begin 30 minutes before the show. Not ideal, but I want parents to see their
student's work displayed. Another idea might be to have something for them
to do - maybe have students teach their parents how to... or maybe have
child and parent draw each other.
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> Hi. I know we have discussed art exhibits/fairs before. However, I
thought
> this might be a good time to discuss it again since we'd have plenty of
time
> to plan for closer to the end of the year events. Our elementary art show
> is in March. I display 2 examples of every students work on the first
floor
> of our school. I structure it much like a regular art opening where
people
> are invited to come during a certain time period (2 nights, 2 hours each)
> and refreshments are provided. Attendance is moderate, so I'd like to do
> something a little different to try to get more people to attend. Anyone
> want to post their great ideas?

---