rubber cement

---------

From: Jill Bailey (baileyjill19_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 16:45:58 PDT

Wow, that thread on classroom management was a blessing to me. I don't
start school until after labor day, but I'm starting off as a new high
school art teacher. Needless to say, I've printed hard copies of the
management advice so that I can refer to them daily. THANKS!!

I've spent the past 2 weeks cleaning and sorting through 30 years of "stuff"
- some are treasures, some are not. To get to the point, I've come across
all kinds of rubber cement. The impression I have is that the previous art
teacher used it to mount work onto mat board, construction paper, etc. My
college education taught me that rubber cement is a big NO-NO in the art
classroom.

So what do all of you wise art teachers use to mount work onto the
mat-boards or construction paper? Glue sticks? It seems to me that the
work doesn't remain adhered when I've used a glue stick. What advice can
you give me?? AND WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH ALL THIS RUBBER CEMENT?? Throw it
away?
As you can tell, I'm pondering this too much.

Jill Bailey