Re: school art exhibitions

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 14:54:52 PDT

artsednet@lists.getty.edu writes:
> Attendance is moderate, so I'd like to do
>something a little different to try to get more people to attend. Anyone
>want to post their great ideas?

For our elementary art show, I had the opening on a night when a music
performance by kinder and 1st grade was scheduled. That program brought in a
lot of people because most of the families in our school have lots of siblings,
and we are heavy on the primary grades. The art was displayed on our portable
panels behind the singers, then parents and kids walked through and looked at
the art. After the program, we moved the display panels to the halls for the
week long exhibition.

susan_holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu

---