I enjoy this list so much. The discussions are intelligent, full of
merit, and the suggestions are quite helpful. I would like to tap into
the collective wisdom of the group.
I co-publish an international email publication called Working smARTS
for professional children's artists, most of whose work is arts in
education. Each month is themed and the upcoming issue is on School
Residencies. For teachers, artists, and administrators on the list, I
have some questions. When you respond, please indicate if you give
permission for your response to be published and if so, your name,
state, and position. If you would like more information about you
published, let me know. You may answer as many questions as you want.
Thank you in advance.
1. What types of residencies do you offer?
2. How do you approach the planning of an arts residency?
3. What types of interactive activities with the students do you
4. Do you include a teacher in-service or planning meeting? If so,
what is discussed?
5. At the end of a successful arts residency, what do you feel the
6. Do you think it's important to continue arts residencies in our
7. Any advice or wisdom you can offer to artists planning a
Teachers & Administrators:
1. What types of arts residencies have you had in the past?
2. How do you apprach the planning of an arts residency?
3. Do you ask artists to include teacher prep or planning?
4. At the end of a successful arts residency, what do you feel the
5. Do you think it's important to continue arts residencies in our
6. Any advice or wisdom you can offer to artists planning a