Re: Private lessons- how to group ages

---------

From: brenda robson (bruthrobson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 06:58:39 PDT

My lessons are 15.00 per class. The class is 45min. I have 4 girls (oh
heaven!) in one class (4-6th), 5 (2-4th) in another but at one campus I
can only be there one day. The majority of kids that signed up are 3rd
graders so I just turned away a 6th grader. I told her she was welcome
but I really think she would feel more comfortable with older kids. One
child is in 2nd grade and we may have a first grader with one 4th grade
boy who isn't very
artistic yet (wait till the end of the semester!)
I am asking parents to commit to one semester-Aug-Dec (16wks) and then
re-register for Jan-May (19wks.) I don't charge a supply or registration
fee like some do. I feel like $15.00 is pricey enough. But I may
reconsider next year if I do oils or stained glass, etc.
I started doing this because my private school salary is being eaten up by
my tuition for my kids, even though I get a discount. This has been
quite a hit and now I am salivating at the idea of teaching those lessons
that are not realistic for a large class of 19-22 because of logistics or
cost.
Hope this helps,
I also put together a brochure for parents showing pics of all my award
winning kids.
Brenda

---