Art and Fear

---------

From: Ellen Silverman (mcguffsilver_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 06:08:18 PDT

Jayna and others,
    I found "Art and Fear" inspiring but limited in their suggestions on
where to go from there. I guess there has to be a recognition of how
individual the paths must be to get to where we want to go. I did take
away for the book that you had to be aware how much fear played a part
in your decisions about making art or doing anything else that is
creative. You have to find away to deal with that fear. The emphasis
seemed to be developing rituals that got you into your own creative
groove and making them habits. Another thing was developing a group to
help "mentor" you along your paths. The book helped define what the
questions were, but not what the answers were.
    I am feeling the pressure of time and the many valuable and varied
paths of my life. I am inspired by the though that I will have time to
travel a way on all of them. Inspired or deluded? Here comes "Super
Art Teacher" into September. Another beginning another inspiring moment.

---