imput on construction plans....get it in writing

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 25 2002 - 21:34:46 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: Jhirunrtx@aol.com
> My school is getting remodeled starting next spring, so I'll
> be dealing with teaching out of boxes soon. The plus is, I'll get a room
> designed for art with TONS of storage and sinks that everyone can reach.
> Looking forward to having some input on the design. Janet
*******************

I'd like to give all of you who are dealing with remodeling a B-I-G tip If
you are giving input in what you want and it's supposedly included on the
floor plans...GET IT IN WRITING!!!! We went through 3 different architects
and by the time the last set of plans came along it was too late to change
and there was NOTHING included that I wanted. I only wanted two things
desperately and, you guessed it, it didn't happen. If I had ONLY written it
down and had the architect SIGN it, I would have been able to have the items
today! Wishing for my old room and tables back...sad to say.

Another tip...if they are getting you new furniture, tables, chairs, make
SURE you see a picture of them beforehand. The "decorator" ordered 12 new
tables and picked ones that have the legs coming to the edge of the table
which doesn't allow for anyone to sit at the ends of the tables. It's a real
bummer and making it really hard to arrange the tables so everyone can sit
comfortably. At least 1/2 the kids will be sitting with their legs tangled
in the table legs. Thank goodness I refused to give up my chairs. The
"decorator" said, "Trust me.".....Don't!
Toodles....Bunki

---