Re: art supplies-elem

---------

From: Donald Peters (softsnow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 25 2002 - 20:39:10 PDT

I teach in a minority/poverty school where we are lucky if they bring a
pencil to school. I receive $2.00 per student (approximately) Actual: $600
flat. and I have the largest budget of any elementary school in my district.
Some schools receive as little as .25/student.

I always end up buying more for my students, but it is normally the stuff
you don't think about ordering (beans, cereal, extra hot glue sticks, etc.)
Other than that we seem to do ok.

Donald Peters
Jackson Elementary
Lubbock, Texas
(where we are STILL teaching without windows in our building)