Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Books / cure for artist's block

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 25 2002 - 19:24:04 PDT

Jayna Huffines wrote:

> By the way, whoever said that "Art and Fear" wasn't
> all that inspiring, I would have to agree, and this is
> coming from someone who has been trying to find her
> niche in art making for a long time. I'm sure there's
> no real cure for artist's block, but does anyone have
> any ideas?

        I found a lot of simple truth in "Art and Fear".
We already take a bit of the book's advice. Several of us
get together every Tuesday evening at one of the High Schools
to paint. It helps to surround yourself with a support group.
It is also a great idea to set aside the time to paint or some
nights just refill your palette and talk. Tuesday becomes a
special "sacred" time for me.
                                        Go Paint, Woody in KC

This one soars:
Fantastic Triplet Grandkids: