Pinch Pot Ideas and Creativity Questions

---------

From: Joe Cox (bjcoxteachart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 18:25:11 PDT

Hey all,
I am looking for some new project ideas using pinch pots for my high school students (ceramic class). We have done organic, combining two pinch pots together, five hole pinch pots etc. If you have any suggestions, projects that worked for you in the past, whatever, I would really appreciate it. I am trying to get away from telling the students exactly what to do and make, and get them to uses their imagination and come up with their own ideas. But, when I leave the assignment too open I get a lot of bad a pinch pot bowls.

That leads me to another question how do you teach creativity? Last year when I gave my students an assignment that relied more on their imagination, I was really disappointed in the work (art I and ceramic). I find that most of the time the student will fall back on what is safe or what they know, even if it things learned in elementary school and not try to take risks with their artwork. How do you over come this obstacle? Again thanks for all the advice.

Blessings,
Joe.Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

---