Gifted and Talented

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kherbert_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 19:23:57 PDT

I may have missed something here, but most tests for G&T programs are
standardized. Our district is using COGAT and ITBS as well as other
tests in lower grades. They are making changes in our district that are
supposed to broaden the G&T pool by eliminating cultural bias, language
barriers, and other problems. Instead our G&T pools are decreasing.
http://www.txgifted.org/ is the website for the Texas Association for
Gifted and Talented.

Sincerely,

Kimberly Herbert