Re: September 11th Memorial Lesson

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 19:28:35 PDT

Last year we had a "Celebration of U.S." - Us being not only United States
but us as in the Flinthills Community. I had each grade work on a different
patriotic project as well as make a mini hand flag (paint the fingers red
and the palm blue, press onto white paper). This made an awesome quilt like
panel. The artshow was fantastic with all that red, white, and blue. I plan
to have students again create patriotic projects and reflect on the freedoms
they enjoy. I still have my projects posted on my site if you're looking for
something along those lines.
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> My principal came to me the other day and wants me to involve the students
> (Kindergarten-4th Grade) in some sort of memorial project for September
> 11th. There is a community art exhibit that the schools can enter, as
> well as having something on display at our own school. I'm trying to
> brainstorm, but so far haven't come up with anything really dynamite. I
> thought some kind of a mobile would be cool, or some kind of a group
> project that everyone could contribute to. Any thoughts?

---