Re: Art Class for Gifted fifth grade artists

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 09:40:17 PDT

Well, I just looked at the handout I was offering from the NAEA
presentation, and it's nearly 100 pages! Maybe I shoulda looked at it
before I offered it. It includes extensive info on screening and
assessment of potential students, as well as lesson plans for grades 6
and 7. I would like to suggest that you try to contact: Talented and
Gifted Dept., Sioux City Community School District, Sioux City, IA.
They may be able to send at least the Screening Procedures for
Identifying Artistically Talented Students; various nomination forms;
assessment forms and the assessments. The presenters were Sharon
Hobart of Woodrow Wilson Middle School and Jean Johnson, TAG
coordinator, so maybe you could find a way to
contact them, also.

I hate to rescind the offer, but I'm swamped right now with
beginning-of-school stuff and four preps a day, and we only have one
copier limping along, so it could be a long time before I can copy all
that material.

Maggie

---