NGA packets--9 month loan--renewable

---------

From: Marcia Scurfield (mkscurfield_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 18:37:57 PDT

Well--I got an answer from the National Gallery of Art. Apparently they have given out the free packets, but have loaner packets which can be checked out for nine months and then the loan renewed. I'll quote from the message I received from Paige Simpson.

        I work on Art Around the Corner, the program on which the new "Art &" teaching packet for fifth- and sixth-grade is based. I apologize for all of your difficulties in trying to reach someone about "Art &". We were having problems with the Web address that should be straightened out now, so you can direct teachers interesting in borrowing the teaching packet to extprog@nga.gov and it should work. Just to clarify, we had a limited number of packets to give away and the rest are available as part of our free loan materials. The packet can be borrowed for up to nine months and the loan is renewable. Interested teachers can find out more information about the free loan program on our Web site (www.nga.gov). Once there, click on "Education" and then "free loan educational materials." A loan application is available online.

Ok-- a loan is not quite as good as free materials, but a nine month renewable loan is almost as good, right?

Marcia--Derby, KS

---