Re: WORTH THINKING ABOUT: THE DISAPPEARANCE OF CHILDHOOD

---------

arcement_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Aug 24 2002 - 17:15:04 PDT

  Patti, I have to agree with you, because I believe we are a people who need to believe in something besides ourselves. This world is much too complicated to live with no spiritual support or faith. Our students become nonfunctional in the classroom when THEY THEMSELVES become the only source of importance in their own lives; believing in themselves first and others last. We have to provide our students with a human model of what it is to believe in something greater then ourselves. When man believes that he is the master of his fate, then he overwhelms himself with too much credit and responsibility. Let us let God do the "big stuff"!!! This will take some pressure off of us as humans.

  Idus from southern Mississippi...