Re: artsednet digest: August 24, 2002

---------

From: Kevan Nitzberg (knitzber_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 25 2002 - 06:21:11 PDT

on 8/25/02 2:00 AM, ArtsEdNet Talk digest at artsednet@lists.pub.getty.edu
wrote:

> Subject: interactive websites?
> From: SZim52@aol.com
> Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 17:15:20 EDT
>

> --part1_9e.2b72e906.2a995168_boundary
>
> I will not have use of my new artroom...or any other artroom...and I'm not
> even sure where I may be conducting my classes for quite a few
> weeks...so....I am looking for some interesting interactive art educational
> websites that my high school students can use...
Hi Shari,

Tough way to start the year, but here is an excellent resource for you to
use with your students. It's called ArtsConnected and is the combined
website of the Mpls. Institute of Art and the Walker Art Center in MN.
There are a wide assortment of activities and student directed learning
structures built right into the web site to work with. The URL address is:

http://www.artsconnected.org

They have an online tutorial that you can also access at:

http://www.artsconnected.org/tutorial

In addition, when you go to the web site you can download a teacher's guide
at the For Your Classroom Page.

I also give monthly sessions on a variety of ways of using ArstConnected on
Tappedin.org, a teacher's online discussion group. I will be giving a
session on Sept. 5th from 6 - 7:30 PM CST. Their URL address is:

http://www.tappedin.org

Good luck with your students,

Kevan

---