RE: September 11th Memorial Lesson

---------

From: Jane Manner (jmanner_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 12:50:41 PDT

"On September 11, 2002, American museums will stand with their communities
in a day of remembrance and a celebration of the freedoms that sustain
America's strength: freedom to assemble, to create, to worship, to inquire,
to express ideas, and freedom from fear." (Georgia Museum of Art, Univ. of
GA)
The Art Club will go to Athens to see the exhibition of works which
illustrate or interpret each of the freedoms. Members will also be able to
participate in the commemorative installation at the museum. This program
is from 9-7 to 9-15. There should be similar programs across the country.
Prior to 9-11-02 my students will learn about Rockwell's series "The Four
Freedoms." I will then give them the list from the quote above. They must
do something in their sketchbooks to illustrate each. On 9-11 these will be
hung around my room.