Re: MURAL BRAINSTORMING

---------

From: Judie (judiej50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 02:53:36 PDT

There is a wonderful tour of murals in the Mission District of San
Francisco that I took recently. Sorry I can't remember exactly, but I
think the organization that led the tour is called "Precita Eyes". (It is
a very popular tour and is listed in many of the San Francisco tour books.)
They had all kinds of books and teaching materials for murals and might be
of help to you. There are some 800 murals in San Francisco, so perhaps a
search for "murals of San Francisco" or something of that type would
provide you with some nice visuals.

Good luck.

Judie in Atlanta

>In a message dated 8/20/2002 8:57:58 PM, rayleal@earthlink.net writes:
>
><< http://www.mariaschildren.org/english/murals.html >>
>
>These are fairly sophisticated in terms of overall design layout.
>I wonder what kind of instruction was in place and how much adult help was
>involved. I did not have time to review the entire site but perhaps some more
>information is there for the finding.
>
>They are beautiful and haunting works.
>
>-Robert

---