Re: MURAL BRAINSTORMING & teaching mentally impaired

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 11:56:44 PDT

WOW! the murals are GORGEOUS! qnd they are done by orphans!!?? i'm also
interested in the mural idea. this year i will be teaching 1.5 days at our
school that houses both the gifted (academically - not necessarily artistic
though) and mentally impaired programs. i will have K-6 kids in the gifted
program and ages 5-7 and 7-9 in the MI program. i've not had any special ed
experience so would be interested in any and all suggestions on what kinds
of experiences to offer these kids. the mural idea appeals to me because at
this school they do a theme each year - this one is "a caring community."
seems like an ideal subject for a mural. hope there is some discussion on
this..
linda in michigan

on 8/21/02 9:56 AM, Heather Leal at rayleal@earthlink.net wrote:

> This may not help at all, but I love these murals by Russian children.
>
> http://www.mariaschildren.org/english/murals.html
>
> I have had the same kind of idea in the back of my mind and just haven't
> had a chance to gather my thoughts on it yet- but I would like to
> somehow bounce off the way these look.

---