Re: AP Art Course

---------

From: Suzette Milam (smilam_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 18:51:39 PDT

Thanks to everyone with information to get me going.
I think the AP process is great fun. I have enjoyed it with the students
very much.
There is a tangable goal that is a great motivator.
True, while the art schools do not accept a passing portfolio grade, they do
require a portfolio for acceptance.
There is a huge number of colleges that do accept the passing grade to count
toward credits. The competative UC systems are really looking critically at
how mant AP exams the kids took and passed to be accepted. It is sad, but
true that the standardized testing rules our system.
I just really enjoy the kids and the process. I hope I can get the class for
next year.
Thanks again for all the great knowledge that is shared here.
Suzette

---