Re: budget cuts/large class update

---------

Bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 19:53:53 PDT

In a message dated 8/20/02 4:48:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Tsheffey@aol.com
writes:

> Maybe
> divide them by tables and adapt lessons up and down. I really don't want 3
> or
> 4 lessons going on at the same time.

I have more than one assignment going at the same time and it is fine. I
will have Art 2 , Art 4, independent study, all in the same class. Each one
is doing something different. The neat thing about this is that they see and
hear the intro to each assignment and then as it progresses, they see the
development of the other class. The art 4's will think they are too cool but
they help the art 2 when they ask. The only hard part is getting started,
after the first project they are staggered starts and it is much easier.

Slides of previous work helps as I can show one group the basic idea, have
them start sketching or looking for resources and the others can be looking
at a demonstration. Once they are all into the work it is fairly smooth.
Think about it and maybe it won't seem as hard as you think to do multiple
projects in one room.

Ken Schwab

---