planning 9/11 observances

---------

From: Heather Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 17:26:31 PDT

Hi,
I imagine many of you are in some way involved in planning memorials for
9/11. I know we kind of let it slip until it is right on top of us, and
now we are very busy with plans. This came in a newsletter I get and I
thought some of you might find something useful- I haven't had time to
look closely at it, but it looks worth the time.

Teaching 9-11-01
September 11, 2001 was a defining moment in American history. As we begin
a new school year, teachers at every level are grappling with the
challenge of helping their students to confront, and make sense of, the
horrific events of that day. In accordance with its mission to contribute
to the interdisciplinary study of contemporary issues, The Clarke Center
is pleased to sponsor the "Teaching 9-11" web site.

Visit:
http://www.teaching9-11.org/

Heather

---