Re: WORTH THINKING ABOUT: THE DISAPPEARANCE OF CHILDHOOD

---------

From: brenda robson (bruthrobson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 15:03:26 PDT

AMEN!!!!!!!!
And even if you shield your child from it, others at school tell them
about it. A 10 year old buddy of my son's asked if he'd seen The Practice
the night before. The only time I ever tuned into that show they were
holding a trial for a stepdad who was accused of molesing and killing his
stepdaughter.
Ends up it was the other daughter who did it cuz she was jealous because
she was sleeping with him too...Gross!!!!!!!!!!
My child was called gay last year at our "Christian school" and then the
kids laughed because he didn't know what that meant. (he's 10) It was
then that I realized innocence is over for him. I wasn't particularly
ready for him to have that explained to him yet. Ready or not, here it all
comes.
Luckily the principal acted in an awesome manner and the incident hasn't
repeated itself.
You described this whole movement very well!
Brenda

---