Re: Duplication of Barbie and Friends

---------

From: Jeanne (wjbaas_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 07:11:37 PDT

> you coated the negative imprint with wax if you could use that as a mold
> release, if not more petroleum jelly.

I've seen this done with cement to form large seated sculptures. The figures(
Students)were covered with plastic sheets, then draped with pariscraft on 1/2
of their bodies. Next the other 1/2 was draped similarly. The 2 1/2's were
joined with more pariscraft. the whole thing was coated with multiple layers
of automobile wax inside. The mold released beautifully. Made the coolest
sculpture for the empty courtyard.

Interested in this process. I tried sculpey--didn't work.
Hope this helps,
Gelato

---