Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: budget cuts

From: Maggie Tucker (mtucker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 05:40:22 PDT

My district is also well off. We haven't cut teachers yet, but I figure we
will be lining up to volunteer soon.
Our one-year old superintendent has pronounced all our students
"customers." My new principal (fourth in five years) told me that if
students weren't working, it was up to the teacher to re-invent the lesson
to make it more "exciting" and "involving" to the students. By the way, I
teach middle-school level art.

Thanks for listening. The hostility towards teaching professionals this
year is extreme.

At 06:22 AM 8/20/02 EDT, you wrote:
> It is just so disgusting to me!!! As we can
>easily afford to have small classes with the proper number of teachers! But
>if the numbers aren't there...the they cut! It reall makes me very angry!
Maggie Tucker