Re: Casting??? Would this work?? Brainstorming.

---------

BibelotsOutpost_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 22:11:24 PDT

In a message dated 8/19/2002 10:16:01 PM Central Daylight Time,
sharon@art-rageous.net writes:

> So as I visualize this, I'm just wondering what to use to make the mold....
> Could I use sculpey and bake it? What sort of mold release would be needed
> to get the plaster out of the mold so that it could be used repeatedly?

Maybe this product would work - from Microsonic, www.earmolds.com.
It's a 2 part vinyl product (Mega-Sil) that after mixing sets up in about 5
minutes and produces a wonderfully detailed and flexible mold. I have a
bit and it is very easy to use, (though I'm not sure how much one would
need for a Barbie!). I have only used it to make molds from solid items,
but I think it would work with plaster. I have not purchased through this
site, but it is touted in polymer clay circles.
Deborah

---