RE: union activism

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kherbert_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 15:37:15 PDT

If they did pass such a law it will probably be struck down. Previously
such laws have been found to be unconstitutional under the concept for
freedom of association. Not only do you have the right to join a group,
but you have the right not to be required to join the group. Besides I
have a hard time seeing our current house passing, much less our current
President signing such a bill.

The union can "bill" non members for the cost negotiating, but they
usually have to subtract the "cost" of other services that the
non-members do not receive from the union.
Sincerely,
Kimberly Herbert