Re: It's all Greek to me....

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 11:10:09 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
From: <sharon@art-rageous.net>

If I wanted to take the time (which I don't) I could have them do wire and
sculpey figures of Greek gods....but I'd still like to have another project
that's related to Greek mythology. Sharon
HI, Sharon....What about making aluminum foil (small) figures with
squashed-up alum. foil and them cover them with thin-cut (bandaid sized)
strips of plaster gauze and painted? We attached the alum. foil shapes to a
nail attached to a piece of wood so they stood up. I've done these and it's
a successful project for upper elem. to HS. They can even incorporate
clothing shapes with the plaster like togas onto the forms. We painted them
with tempera.

I know Carolyn did something similar but used masking tape instead of
plaster gauze and painted it with acrylic. Toodles.......Bunki

---