RE: Fame ideas?

---------

From: Kathy Tickner (ktickner_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 08:38:04 PDT

A long time ago a woman named Kathryn Sherrod developed a program called
"FAME" it stood for Fine Arts Mini Experience. Has anybody heard of this?
It combined a famous piece of artwork with historical happenings during the
same time period, plus a musical selection of the time, a discussion about
integrating all three, and then finally an art project that was based on the
elements of art to go along with the afforementioned. It was a great
program. It was designed for teachers who did not necessarily have an art
degree, but were interested in providing their students with an art
experience combining history/culture/elements/principals of art. Don't
know if it is still available, though.
Kathy Tickner