union requirement

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 08:33:51 PDT

re: the Union, I believe a bill went through Congress Last year that
required all employees who work in an environment where there is a Union,
"must belong" to the Union.....OR....at least the dues will come out of
their check, and if they do not want to "belong" or "participate" in .....

I never heard of this new law-I think it would be unconstitutional. In North
Carolina, we have traditionally been a non-union state, even in the textile
mills. They are allowed to exist, of course, but no one is required to join.
I'm sure Jesse Helms would have had something to say if this were true. I'd
be curious to learn more from anyone who has knowledge of this. Linda in NC

---