RE: union activism

---------

From: Kathy Tickner (ktickner_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 08:28:37 PDT

Re: the Union, I believe a bill went through Congress Last year that
required all employees who work in an environment where there is a Union,
"must belong" to the Union.....OR....at least the dues will come out of
their check, and if they do not want to "belong" or "participate" in the
Union, then their dues can be "donated" to the charity of their choice. I
know this is true in California, but I thought it was a Federal decision.
Anybody want to ad to this? I think teaching without Union protection is
isane! Just the rights to a having a lawyer available were enough to
convince me............
kathy Tickner
Byron/Excelsior School

---