Re: number of classes

---------

From: Laura Carey (carey_l_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 03:46:25 PDT

Hi all!
 First day, UGH!
Our 240 is supposed to be during the workday, but they do count the 15
before and the 15 after, but all of the elementary teachers have more than
that. Usually quite a bit more. This was something we tried to look at
when we just negotiated (and I was part of the team), but adding more time
was not pratical this year, unless we make the day longer. We move into
all new buildings next school year...and rumor is I will no longer travel.
Actually stay in one building. How strange that will be.
 We also have Fair share in our district, but when push came to shove, the
local backed down. But we got raises and a small cut in Professional
Development hours. But it was a small advance considering we pay more of
our insurance and have 1 of our personal days restricted.
But what do you do when the economy is bad?
Have a good one!
Laura

---