Big Mouth Puppets was: Re: Kathy--Re: It's all Greek to me....

---------

TEACHINGTALES_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Aug 18 2002 - 17:17:36 PDT

In a message dated 8/18/2002 8:14:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
KSchiavo00@aol.com writes:

> I had my 6th graders design a character and make big mouth puppets. (I
> probably can dig up some pics of these) They then got in groups and wrote a
> fable using their characters

Dear Kathy,

This sounds fascinating and fun! Would you share the material you used to
make the puppets? I am hoping to form a Storytelling Club at our local
elementary school this year and it would be a wonderful to incorporate the
two.

warm wishes,
Karen
Karen Chace
Professional Storyteller
Co-publisher, Working smARTS e-newsletter for children's artists
<A HREF="http://www.workingsmarts.com/">Working smARTS - An e-Publication for Professional Children's Artists</A>
Producer of Researching Stories on the Internet CD
LANES Board Member
Co-Chair Hospitality Committee: NSN Conference, Chicago 2003
Arts Web Researcher
97 Chipaway Road
East Freetown, MA 02717
(508) 763-8565
<A HREF="mailto:storybug@aol.com">storybug@aol.com</A>
"Catch the Story Bug!"
"If you would thoroughly know anything, teach it to others."
                                             Tryon Edwards

---